Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Video of the execution of Saddam Hussein


Right click-Save target as...
Saddam Hussein Execution = 20megs

Saddam Hussein was dictator of Iraq from 1979 until 2003, when his regime was overthrown by a United States-led invasion. Hussein had joined the revolutionary Baath party while he was a university student. He launched his political career in 1958 by assassinating a supporter of Iraqi ruler Abdul-Karim Qassim. Saddam rose in the ranks after a Baath coup, and by 1979 he was Iraq's president and de facto dictator. He led Iraq through a decade-long war with Iran, and in August of 1990 his forces invaded the neighboring country of Kuwait. A U.S.-led alliance organized by George Bush (the elder) ran Hussein's forces out of Kuwait in the Gulf War, which ended in February of 1991 with Saddam still in power.

1 comment :

Oren said...

My first reaction when I saw your name on my blog was 'oy vey - my readership is comprised of fascists...' - so I decided to follow your link and read your blog; Lo and behold, I realised (To my utter relief and delight) that the I misinterpreted the title of your blog. Upon further reading I discovered an excellently written and very relevant blog, kudos.

Your newest fan,
Oren

http://e-cclesiastes.blogspot.com

Google

Share

Facebook Google+ Pinterest Twitter LinkedIn Addthis